Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bat Burrito

Only once have I ever awoken with tears streaming down my face.  I had dreamed that my husband died-- which is really unfair because we'd only been married for a few months.  The bulk of the dream was about how my family and I handled the death.  My parents took me back into their home.  I cried for weeks and my sister tried so hard to find something to say to me.  But I felt like no one could possibly understand my loss.   When I finally woke up my chest hurt from heaving sobs, but at least I was awake and away from that horrible alternate life.  I rolled over and wrapped my arms tightly around my husband, SO glad that he was alive.  And then, as the full dream slowly broke over my mind in it's entirety, I started laughing my head off. How could I have ever believed even for a moment that my husband had really died?  His death was ridiculous!  As soon as he opened his eyes I told him, "I had a dream that you turned into a little bat.  You were flying around when some tall man snatched you out of the air, rolled you up in a burrito, and ate you!"I do feel relief that the love of my life is still alive and kickin'... but somehow I don't think I'll live in fear of that dream coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment