Saturday, February 26, 2011

Unexpected Welcome

I had just arrived to my new apartment after a long 12 hour drive around 9 o clock at night. Surprisingly there were tons of other college kids also arriving so people where everywhere.  Assuming I would be staying in the same place as last time I entered apt 10 and dropped my bags in a empty room. I explored the apartment a little bit and it was covered in moving boxes and complete strangers who were more on the Goth side I felt like I was at a Halloween party. I quickly left and then headed up the hill/street to the managers house. We had gotten a new manager in the months that I had been gone so I was anxious to meet the new one. I knocked on her front door and immediately it swung open. There stood a plump, greasy, mid 30 year old lady in denim overalls with short blond hair. She had a look of utter disgust and anger flash across her face. "Get OUT" she yelled! Stunned by the unexpected response I retorted with "but I need to check in I can’t stay on the street tonight, I refuse to be homeless." Somehow more people started showing up and we got inside the managers house. Well it wasn’t really a house anymore it had been converted into a welding work shop. Over in the corner must of been her deranged husband sitting on a stool with cut off jean shorts and holding a clip board singing to himself. We went over to talk to him and he checked us in and reported to me that I would be in Apt 9 this semester. I left the house as quick as possible wanting to get as far away from that insane asylum. It was probably close to 11pm and everything was pitch black, all the buildings that I normal recognized now seemed all wrong. There were buildings that were a mix of two different buildings and they kept moving and changing shapes. I soon became hopelessly lost. After wandering around in what I thought was the right direction I finally spotted my apartment building. I was just across a parking lot from it. That’s when my foot got caught on something and I started falling face first into a long dark abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment